Tattoo ink matters the most while getting a tattoo. This is because it is the tattoo ink that will decide the ultimate results of the process. Choosing a tattoo ink should not be a random process. You need to be very vigilant while choosing a tattoo ink. A low quality tattoo ink means your entire process of getting the tattoo has been wasted. For choosing a premium quality tattoo ink, you should be aware of the properties it should possess. We decided to bring to you the qualities of tattoo inks. These are given as follows.
What properties a tattoo ink should have?
After going through a number of famous and well known tattoo inks, we compiled their most important properties.
- Budget friendly: You should go for a tattoo ink that is not that much on the pricey side. Use the one that is affordable without compromising its quality. Go for one that is ideal both budget and efficiency wise.
- Smooth consistency: Choose the one that has smooth and even consistency. This will allow easy application of the product on skin.
- Easy handling: The ink should be easy to use with any tattoo designing technique. You should be able to use it with machine and manual processes.
- Prominence and vibrancy: The ink should give a prominent and visually appealing look. After going through various white ink tattoo reviews, it is observed that inks that give the brightest white color are the most widely used. Same goes with the inks of other colors. Bright colors catch everyone’s eye and look pretty.
- Longevity: Choose the type of ink that stays on the skin for longer periods of time. They should not fade after a few months and should stay attractive and fresh.
- Skin friendly: Everything you apply on your skin has to be extremely skin friendly. Tattoo ink should also be selected keeping this thing in mind. You can do a small patch test to check the suitability of the product.
- Hypoallergenic in nature: You definitely do not want any allergic reactions on your skin. For this, you should consider the hypoallergenic tattoo ink brands. These will prevent allergies and toxic reactions. As a result your tattoo will heal faster and your skin will remain protected.
- Sun protection: Most tattoo inks tend to fade out due to excessive exposure to harsh solar radiations. You should go for tattoo inks that provide sun protection. This will not only keep your ink bright but also protect your skin.
Advice of tattoo experts
While buying tattoo inks, you should look for popular brands that are preferred by famous tattoo artists. This will incorporate their experience into your work. Your learning and practical handling will be highly improved when you consider the practices and experiences of experts. The above mentioned qualities are those that most tattoo experts keep in mind while buying their stock of inks. In addition to that, you can also perform trials on newly introduced brands. In this way, you will get to know about the efficacy and quality of new products.
Some beginner tattoo artists make this mistake of choosing any random tattoo ink for their sessions. This is not a good practice. This is because one wrong decision of choice of tattoo ink can ruin your entire effort. Sometimes the ink does not stay on the skin and after washing the skin for a few times, it fades away completely. This is not desirable. I hope you will consider the specifications of tattoo ink next time to choose the best product for you.